Thursday, January 17, 2008

eatin' with dada




Cooper will not eat dinner. Period. With me. Every night I cook and every night I make him a plate. He will not eat in his high chair, or in a booster seat or at the table. He won't even sit with me on the couch and eat. So tonight I cooked Fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, rolls and green beans. I made Cooper a plate, we sat at that table and he didn't eat. The closest he came was dipping his pacifier in the mashed potatoes and leaving it on the table. Cooper's Mimi came in with an ice cream bar and of course Coop wanted that. We said no because he hadn't eaten any dinner. He cried and cried like his heart was broken. Lee fixed himself a plate and sat down in the big blue chair and the next thing I know, Cooper crawled up in the chair with dada and ate a whole piece of chicken! I don't know if it was the promise of ice cream or just eating with dada that did the trick, and I don't really care... as long as he eats !!

1 comment:

Shanna from BabySchrades said...

Lucas is the same way! We just figured out that he'll eat in front of the t.v., so we're doing that. It makes it hard when we eat dinner, however, because he doesn't like us to "ignore" him. You cook fried chicken?? wow!