Thursday, January 3, 2008

Christmas 2007





We had a really nice Christmas- Cooper got a really cool Diego 4 wheeler, but its either been raining or freezing so he hasn't had a chance to really use it. His favorite thing right now that he got is his grocery cart. He loves to push it around the house. He also loves his tickle me Ernie, but he can't quite figure out how to make him work!
Lee, my mom and I are so lame, we were more excited than he was on Christmas morning, so we actually woke him up- He wasn't too happy at first, but once he saw what Santa had brought, he forgot all about being sleepy!
I made a very simple breakfast, just some Sausage and Havarti muffins that were delicious.
Lee's parents and his sister Amanda and her boyfriend Clay came over for lunch and I cooked a spread- turkey and all the trimmings, including a 4 layer chocolate cake with caramel and cream cheese frosting- to die for! Its really cute, Lee's dad had a stroke a couple of years ago and although he has made great recovery, he uses a cane. From the time that Cooper could walk, as soon as he would see Papaw, he would still his cane and carry it all over the house. So, this year Papaw made Cooper his very own cane. It looks just like Papaws, only it is exactly Cooper's size. He hasn't hardly put it down!
Later that afternoon, my brother, my sis in law and my niece and nephew drove in from Marco island. We flew down there for Thanksgiving and had a blast spending Thanksgiving in our bathing suits, collecting seashells with Cooper! My niece Sierra adores Cooper and he thinks she is the best- He never really leaves her side. She is so talented, she is 14 and not only is she an outstanding athlete, she is also an amazing artist and she sketched a gorgeous pic of Coop-
We absolutely missed my father this Christmas, but we survived and we made sure Cooper enjoyed every second of it!

No comments: